We’re now sitting at a transitional point. I am still not a lawyer, but I have passed the bar. There is now no mystery remaining between now and my official swearing in that will take place in mid-December, 2014. This means that I can begin to do some other things, however, that were not worth the risk of investing time and effort prior to learning my bar results.
- Line up office space. Done. I have sublet a small space in downtown Elkton, MD.
- Do all of the tedious office “set up” tasks, like buying a computer, printer, furniture, etc.
- Move things into said office space- This will be an ongoing task for the next few weeks.
- Order business cards, envelopes, and other necessities to run an office.
- Tell people I’m opening an office locally. While I cannot represent myself as a lawyer yet, or solicit business, I can tell people what I will be doing and when.
- Develop and draft web content. This is also an ongoing process.
I’m looking forward to getting things looking good in the new office space, and to be able to hit the ground running with a fully functional office the day that I am sworn in. Check back often for more information, as I will continue to update as there are items worth updating.